Trek To Mantalai LakeMay 19, 2018
Shimla (2N 3D)September 14, 2018
High up in the valleys of kullu is situated an enigmatic trek to bhrigu lake at about 14,000 ft high. It lies to the east of rohtang pass and is considered to have divine history according to the “vedas”. The folklores say the lake came up into existence as maharishi BHRIGU meditated here. According to the local tales the lake never freezes completely.
Being counted in the moderate level treks Bhrigu Lake is a famous cover-up for people who wish to scale the Himalayas for a limited number of days. Many travelers across the nation and world come and hike here inspire of cold weather , sinking temperature and freezing conditions .
Keeping aside the divinity of the lake there are numbers of reasons which makes it a special trek for travelers and photographers.
Bhrigu lake trek is definitely worth because the sightseeing starts from exclusive lush green meadows and hill tops which are damn refreshing.
Reaching this wide area of grasslands surrounded by alpine blossom and snow capped mountains is a mesmerizing scene I suppose
As you keep moving ahead on the trail you will notice changes in color and texture all the way till we reach the lake and ahead .
Considering facts and pictures from the past it is clear the lake often changes color and shape with time and flowing seasons. Sometimes you can spot it as semi-frozen with blue effects and at times it is notices as emerald green or with little silver touch . This can be due to some mystic reasons of due to light effects in different weather conditions.
A dream route for beginners routes through thick forest of oak and cedar, you will notice beautiful alpine flooring on the whole trail, horses galloping and sheep’s grazing all-round.
Meadows are rare to be approached without hard days for trekking in any part of the world. But in case of Bhrigu lake trek it surprisingly takes few minutes of walk from gulaba to sight these high altitude green meadows.
BHRIGU LAKE TREK DISCRIPTION
Loction - Manali
Days - 4-5 Days
Difficulty – Moderate
Best Timings – May - Oct
Max – Altitude 14000ft
Distance- 25 Km approx.
Who should take on this trek ?
As we earlier mentioned it is a moderate level trek or some people call it easy instead. A distance of 29 km can be covered up by any person with an OK fitness level. Both mental and physical fitness level is must in case of trekking anywhere. Children above 14 years and aged people can also take on this trek. So it can therefore be called a trek for beginners which do not require any prior trekking experiences.
Bhrigu Lake Trek
Let us consider the easiest approachable base camp be Manali for the trek
You can reach kullu according to your mean of transport, we operate from bhuntar which consists of the one and only airport about 52 km from manali. If traveling by bus or personal vehicle you can approach us in bhuntar , we may provide you with secure parking facilities for your vehicles .
Now let us suppose you have reached manali or any other drop-in location . The next step is to approach the trekking trail.
Reaching Gulaba campsite
Altitude – 10,370ft
Time - 1 hour distance (from manali plus 20 min walk to gulaba campsite )
The trek starts from Gulaba . Our first day trek is to reach the gulaba campsite . Gulaba is a village located 22 km away from Manali . All surrounded by snow covered peaks . It can also be called a teaser of the trail keeping aside the full movie yet to be approached.
After reaching the village our next destination takes you to gulaba meadows campsite which is 3 km trek walk with firmly built pathway.
Gulaba to Rola Kholi
Altitude : 12,500ft
Time : 5 hours .
The second day starts with a mission to hike up at an altitude of 12,500ft to reach the next camp at Rola Kholi . The trail covers up various ascents through the Kolang nala . It goes from semantic forests and breathtaking view of manali hills and solang valley. On the bag round you can also spot out the famous Hanuman tibba and the seven sister peaks of beas kund valley.
Rola koli is situated at the base camp of bhrigu lake mainly recognized as a pastoral grazing grounds . Covered from mountains all around makes it a secure campsite from freezing breeze. Water is easily available from calm flowing streams across the ground .
Rola Kholi to Bhrigu Lake to Panduropa
Altitude – Bhrigu lake(14,000ft)
Distance – 10 km trek (9-10 Hours approx)
The next morning starts with a beautiful sunrise in the lap of Himalayas. Starting the trek from the campsite 2 to the lake. The trail covers various up’s and down’s which carries level walk as well as steep ascent to reach the lake.
Depending upon the time of trek you can find the lake semi frozen or defreeze if you approach it in late summers. Glaciers may be surrounding the lake from all sides if you visit it in early winters .
Fog covering all around most of the time makes the trek look a bit tricky. Professional trekking guides are advised to lead the team.
Panduropa to Vashist to manali
Altitude – Vashist at 6,900ft
Manali at 6,700ft
Distance/time – 8 km (7 Hours approx)
After the last camping night stay in panduropa. Next day begins with a challenge to descend back to the town. After breakfast we will start moving back to vashist village and finally get back to Manali in taxi.
• Pickup from Bhuntar or any other nearby destination depending upon your last night stay in non ac vehicles.
• Accommodation in triple sharing tents while camping on the trail.
• In case of girls we can provide double sharing tent facilities.
• Single sharing tent can be available per pax with 300 Rs extra charges per night.
• All three meals which include Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Including tea and snacks every evening.
• Lunch may be packed for each day depending on the walking speed of members.
• Highly active and experienced trek guide and high altitude cook with prior experiences on the trail.
• Campfire facilities on every evening to keep you warm.
• Good matrices and sleeping bags per person.
• Separate kitchen tents.
• Regularly pitched toilet tents with deep pit in order to keep valley clean.
• Porters to carry all the stuff required on the whole trek.
• All necessary equipment's such as ropes, carabineers and sticks.
• Clean utensils everyday according to your need.
• All basic medical emergencies and medicines.
• Every evening music facilities till the battery lasts.
• Well lighted tents in evening with separate emergency torches and candles in case of emergency.
• Complimentary Photography of the members.
• Last night hotel stay anywhere near the point of pickup.
• Any bus fare/train fare or air bookings.
• Warm clothes, trekking boots ,snow boots etc.
• Meals other than mentioned.
• Any kind of medical insurances.
• Any kind of drugs or alcoholic drinks will not be provided by our side.
• Any kind of power bank for charging your gears.
• You are all responsible for your gears at any point of the trail.
Pic Credit: Ashish Rahil.
NOTE : Please carry a valid identity proof in order to fill up our NOC form before moving on. Do ensure you are mentally, physically and emotionally fit as we do not conduct any medical tests before booking you for this trail.
Keep in mind you won’t have any connectivity during the whole trek ahead kheerganga. So keep your guardians updated from before in case of emergencies. Do go through our website to update yourself regarding important accessories to be taken on the trek. Keep your bag pack light as much as it can be. Only take important stuff with you. Don’t forget keeping cash and sweets of course with you. HAPPY HIKING WITH TAKE A BREAK
OUR TREK ENDS HERE WITH LOVELY MEMORIES AND NEVER FORGETTABLE EXPERIENCES